Come and meet the County's Extension Staff and volunteers. The event will feature interactive demonstrations, guided tours, displays, a master gardener plant clinic (get your plants or insects identified) and much more.
In addition, there will be fun and educational activities for the entire family, including a puppet show for kids, and seminars on the following topics:
- How to Make a Rain Barrel
- Florida-Friendly Sustainable Landscaping
- Vegetable Gardening Easy
- How to Prune Properly
- Repairing and Maintaining Your Irrigation System
- Local Seafood: Why Local? What's Local?
- Tropical Fruit Trees in the Landscape
- Growing Shrubs for Hedges
- Propagating Roses in South Florida
Where: 18710 SW 288th St. Homestead, FL. 33030
Water Efficient Landscaping & Irrigation
When: March 5th, 10 am to 12 pm
Where: Naranja Branch Library
14850 SW 280th St. Naranja, FL. 33032
Space is limited, so be sure to sign up for the free class!
To RSVP contact:
305-248-3311 ext. 239
Showerhead and Light bulb Exchange
At both of these great events take advantage of the FREE light bulb and showerhead exchange offered by the Miami-Dade County Water and Sewer Department and the Office of Sustainability. Simply bring in your inefficient light bulbs and showerheads and receive new efficient replacements!
- Showerheads - Bring up to 2 showerheads per home (house must have been built before 1996).
- Light bulbs - Bring in up to 3 incandescent light bulbs per household to exchange for Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL). Supplies of CFLs are on a limited and first come, first serve basis.